Together with the ongoing chaos of colleges shifting online for now, it is becoming harder for teachers to keep track of the students and remain in touch with the parents. Fortunately, there are online school management platforms to help out. Nowadays, schools can go paperless and have all vital documents in one place. Social distancing doesn’t have to be stressful anymore! We have put together six useful modules to keep an eye out for in an online school management system.
- Online admissions and registration: The college admission process can get overwhelming Sometimes with all the various forms you need to manage. Simplify the process by looking into an online admissions and registration module. Particular school management systems also have choices for re-enrolment and even campus tour scheduling.
- Online payments: Make sure that the school management system you choose has an option for free online payment options, such as automatic payments. It is a plus if they have different payment options, such as ACH transfers, credit card, cash and check payments. You cannot get more elastic than this!
- Student information system: Another way you can go paperless as a little School is by using an online student information system. Keep all student information, including health data, document proofs, and emergency contacts, in one area for easy access when required. You may also have the ability to take daily attendance based on which School Management System you use.
- Gradebook: Many teachers like to use an internet gradebook that also comes in program format to remain organized. Some gradebooks even give the capability to produce transcripts and report cards.
- Vast communications system: Let’s be real, teachers and parents especially Need this right now through the social distancing periods. As a teacher, it is really easy to lose track of your students if they are not physically present with you. Parents can also become frustrated if they are not in the loop for upgrades and/or changes to their child’s learning. That is the reason we encourage you to locate a communications module which includes mass text reminders, incident reports, newsletters, and much more.
- Alumni management: Do not forget the alumni! School leads can make contact with teachers and other faculty members simple by using a tool that makes it effortless to handle alumni contact lists, details and much more.
Schools can easily go distant when needed without worrying about how everyone will keep on track. A number of these modules also allow various school procedures to occur without meeting in person.